WITHOUT PLANNED GIVING THERE WOULD BE NO CHEYNEY UNIVERSITY!
A gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
Learn More »
Cheyney University's beginning can be traced to February 25, 1837 when The African Institute was established through the bequest of Richard Humphreys, a Quaker philanthropist who bequeathed $10,000, one tenth of his estate, to design and establish a school to educate the descendants of the African race. Renamed the Institute for Colored Youth shortly thereafter, the school is known today as Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
Richard Humphreys was a true visionary by using a planned gift to establish Cheyney University. We invite you to follow Mr. Humphrey's example.
With thoughtful planning, you can use a planned gift to benefit Cheyney University, you and your loved ones all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
Where to Begin?
- Identify Your Goals
- Discover Gifts Anyone Can Make
- See How Gifts Can Pay You Income
- Explore Gifts That Protect Assets